Greg Walden Announces $2.4 Million for Oregon Community Health Centers
Today, Representative Greg Walden (R-Hood River) released the following statement after the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), awarded over $2.4 million to 11 Community Health Centers (CHCs) in Oregon’s Second District. The funding comes through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to help HRSA-funded health centers across Oregon expand COVID-19 testing. The health centers will be able to use the funding to expand the range of testing and testing-related activities, including the purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE); training, outreach, procurement and administration of tests; laboratory services; and the expansion of walk-up or drive-up testing capabilities.
"This money is great news for Oregon’s Community Health Centers and will aid their efforts to combat COVID-19,” said Walden. “The funding will go directly to our Community Health Centers, which provide essential health care services for over 240,000 Oregonians in the Second District. This will help CHCs expand COVID-19 testing, which in turn will help ensure Oregon has the testing capability necessary to re-open. I will continue to work with Secretary Azar to ensure that Oregon receives the support necessary to protect Oregonians, combat this deadly virus, and get our communities up and operating. I will also continue my efforts to get the House Democratic leadership to support full, multi-year funding for these critical health centers whose funding runs out in November."
The following Health Centers in Oregon’s Second District Received Funding:
- Asher Community Health Center -- Fossil -- $114,514
- Columbia River Community Health Services -- Boardman -- $162,409
- Klamath Health Partners -- Klamath Falls -- $265, 759
- La Clinica Del Valle Family Health Care Center INC. -- Medford -- $471,649
- Lapine Community Health Center -- La Pine -- $211,804
- Mosaic Medical -- Prineville -- $438,229
- One Community Health -- Hood River -- $284,269
- Rinehart Medical Clinic -- Wheeler -- $114,709
- Rogue Community Health -- Medford -- $283,774
- Siskiyou Community Health Center -- Grants Pass -- $352,699
- Winding Waters Medical Clinic -- Enterprise -- $166,114
For more information on the funding click here.